Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tarts for the Avid Baker's Challenge


This month we're baking Mushroom Cheddar tarts for the Avid Baker's Challenge. They were very good. I made some changes, I used Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. I also made another filling with cherry tomatoes, olives and onion, because some of us don't like mushrooms or red pepper.

In the end I made 18 tarts.... and had quite a lot dough left. This because the filling was not enough to fill them all. Even though I had more mushrooms that I used in these tarts as well (that were meant to go on a pizza) ánd filled some of them with another filling as said. So that was not very handy. I also though the bottom wasn't as cooked as I liked it to be. I think I would rather bake the recipe as a large tart than all these little ones, just a bit too fussy for me, I just wasn't patient enough to make them all look cute and equal. But nice and delicious tarts.

Mushroom Cheddar Tarts: Recipe HERE

4 comments:

Zosia said...

For not having the patience to make them look cute, yours look awfully adorable! And they sound tasty too, especially with tomato and olive filling.

Sunita said...

I like the look of your tarts. But yes it is fussy making small bites, larger one is much quicker. Your tomato-olive filling sounds delicious.

Karen said...

I am grateful for your post because I cut my dough in half!! They were yummy!

Hanaâ said...

They look pretty cute to me :) I baked mine at the bottom of my oven (on a pizza stone) to make sure the bottom got cooked all the way through properly. I like the idea of making one large pie instead of small ones :)